from: Francesca’s Tavola
6(L)-8(D) oz Cooked Pasta [any long noodle]
1 oz Vegetable Oil
1 tsp Garlic (chopped)
Pinch Red Chili Flakes
1 oz White Wine
2 oz Chicken Stock
1 Tbsp Butter
1 Tbsp Alouette
Salt & Pepper to taste
1 oz Tomato – Roma(chopped)
1/2 oz Spinach
1/2 tsp Italian Leaf Parsley (chopped)
1 oz Parmesan (grated)
1 tsp Basil (chiffonade)
3 1/2 oz Fagattaro Sauce
2 oz Mozzarella (fresh, hand torn)
1 piece Basil Leaf
1 1/2 oz Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Plating Directions (single serving):
- Heat vegetable oil in saute pan.
- Add garlic and chili flakes and sweat (30 secs.).
- Deglaze with white wine and let evaporate.
- Add chicken stock and bring to a simmer.
- Fold in butter and alouette.
- Taste and adjust seasoning with salt & pepper as needed.
- Add pasta, tomato, spinach, 1 oz of olive oil, parsley, parmesan and basil. Toss gently.
- Plate pasta in 12″ wide-rim bowl (L) or 10″ round rimless bowl (D).
- Top with Fagattaro sauce.
80 oz Tomato 4×5
1 oz Garlic (chopped)
1 oz Basil (chopped)
12 oz Tomato Juice
8 oz Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Salt & pepper to taste
Fagattaro Sauce Directions:
- Blanch tomatoes quickly and remove casing.
- Remove excess water from tomatoes by squeezing.
- Meanwhile, heat 1/2 oz oil in saute pan. Sweat garlic.
- Rough chop half of tomatoes.
- Place the remaining tomatoes(cooked), garlic, basil, tomato juice, olive oil and salt & pepper in blender, blend until smooth.
- Combine chopped and pureed tomatoes in a separate mixing bowl and mix well.
- Taste & adjust seasoning with salt & pepper, as needed.
- Prepare fresh daily.
Special thanks to Francesca’s Tavola for sharing this recipe. Please support them by checking out their curbside pick-up options and order today!