Schaumburg Convention Center
12,000 to 15,000 Attendees Expected
Schaumburg, IL (August 28, 2018) – Connect with your kids and be blown away by off-the-charts fun at the #1 Minecraft event in the USA. Minefaire: The Ultimate Minecraft Experience has broken another Guinness World Record for largest convention for a single video game, and is coming to the Chicago area for the very first time on Saturday, September 8, 2018 and Sunday, September 9, 2018 at the Schaumburg Convention Center.
Young super fans of one of the most popular video games ever will arrive in costume to:
- Meet YouTube creators flown in from around the world
- Join parent-child build challenges
- Win the famed Minecraft costume contest
- Witness nonstop mega-stage shows
- Workshop with Minecraft Education Global Mentors who use Minecraft in the classroom
Minefaire is the #1 Minecraft event in the U.S., an Official Minecraft Community Event, and just smashed its previous Guinness World Record for largest convention for a single video game with 18,000 tickets sold in Los Angeles in April.
Minefaire is the brain child of two fathers who realized they needed to bridge the gap between children who love Minecraft, and parents who may not fully understand the game and its educational aspects.
“Minecraft was the ‘go-to’ activity for my four kids before dinner, and I realized how much the game was teaching them about topics like agriculture, history, geology and architecture – all without their feeling like they were being ‘taught,’” says Minefaire Co-Founder Gabe Young. “Kids at Minefaire get to grab their parents by the hand and say, ‘Look what I’m doing.’ As parents, we then have the chance to better understand our children and guide them.”
“Minefaire is an opportunity to connect with your kids through their favorite game and have a blast,” says Minefaire Co-Founder Chad Collins. “We have created a one-of-a-kind Minecraft experience that introduces like-minded children to one another and inspires the next generation of engineers and architects. We want to ensure our children are building valuable learning skills as they play.”
Minecraft is a virtual game where you build new worlds, block by block, by mining the resources you find and crafting them into structures that might include staircases, mazes, amusement parks – the only limit is your imagination! The second best-selling standalone video game of all time, more than 122 million Minecraft units have been sold, only outranked by Tetris. Children and parents who attend Minefaire enjoy hands-on attractions, including:
- Minecraft Virtual Reality Experience: Immerse yourself in the second best-selling standalone video game of all time in VR!
- Learning Lab: Enjoy hands-on workshops with Minecraft Education Global Mentors who use Minecraft in the classroom.
- Build Battles and Challenges: Compete in live gaming arenas, code within the game and learn to solve problems in creative ways.
- Minecraft Costume Contest: Dress up, dance and have fun on stage as your favorite Minecraft characters.
- YouTube Meet & Greets: Go one-on-one with Minecraft YouTube superstars who share their favorite tips and tricks.
- Nonstop, Live Stage Shows: Spanning multiple mega-stages, for all skill levels.
- World’s Largest Official Minecraft Merchandise: New, rare and custom items you can’t find anywhere else.
WHEN: Saturday, September 8, 2018, 10am-5pm, Sunday, September 9, 2018, 10am-5pm
WHERE: Schaumburg Convention Center, 1551 North Thoreau Dr., Schaumburg, IL 60173
All-inclusive tickets start at $45 and are FREE for children age two and under. For more information or to purchase tickets, go to Minefaire.com.
Customer Service Inquiries: email@example.com
Media Contact Meet Chicago Northwest:
Dave Parulo, President